Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Raspberry Picking!


  As a mother, I love giving fresh fruit and vegetables to my children.  I also love teaching them how to collect, clean, prepare and store (freeze & can) their own food, and all about clean eating.  You can save so much money by going to farms like this, picking your own produce and saving it for later.  And, your helping your local farmers at the same time.

  My family took a trip to the local farm in Lowell, Arkansas.  It was a beautiful day to spend with my family in the raspberry fields.  We all had so much fun!

  My boys learned how to tell if a raspberry is ripe for picking, and how to hold onto the leaves to pull them to move the branches around to avoid getting pricked.

We ended up picking a lot, so we have plenty to freeze, make smoothies, and bake with!


Click Here: For Raspberry Crisp Recipe  from the Pioneer Woman with a Free Recipe Printout! 


Here are some pictures from our raspberry picking trip...

Me!

Vaughn showing his berries

Malachi saying hello as a Trekkie 

Vaughn & I picking berries

Kingston 

Malachi

Raspberries

Me & my boys...Kingston eating a few...lol

Malachi picking

Nice ripe berries

My husband David & I

Me & Vaughn (I had to grab a smooch)

Me & my crew with one of our collection baskets 
We went to:
McGarrah Farms
11921 Ervin McGarrah Rd.
Lowell, Arkansas 72745

*I was not paid for this post, I just enjoy sharing our adventures
 with you.  I hope you enjoyed this Treat by Tanya!




4 comments:

  1. I want to do this!!!!!! Yum! I wonder how late in the evening they're open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure without looking, but I'm pretty sure their current times are posted on their facebook page. Sometimes it changes or closes because of the weather...

      Delete
  2. Tanya that looked like so much fun! I love to do all those things you mentioned!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was! And we're going to have to get together to do some projects together =)

      Delete